Effective: October 2, 2018
Notice of Privacy Rights of California Residents, see here.
BioFilm, Inc. (“BioFilm” or “we” or “us”) manufactures and distributes high-quality personal health products under the Astroglide brand. BioFilm respects the privacy of its users and recognizes the importance of protecting the information you provide to us over the Internet. We are strongly committed to transparency, and want you to understand how we collect, use, share, and protect your Personal Information, as well as how you can manage the Personal Information we collect.
· All email newsletters that we publish or distribute, and all products and services that we make available or provide (collectively, the “Services”); and
· All other interactive features and communications that we provide, operate or make available no matter how accessed or used (collectively, the “Features”).
Please select any of the following links to learn about the ways we collect, use, share, and protect your Personal Information.
The Types of Information We Collect
We collect two types of information from you when you use or interact with our Website, Services, or Features: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
· Personal Information includes all information that relates to you personally and either identifies, or may be used to identify you personally. We may collect the following types of Personal Information from you depending upon how you interact with us, including with our Website, Services, and Features:
o Email address;
o Telephone number;
o Postal address; and
o Demographic information (e.g., age and gender) (collectively, “Personal Information”).
· Non-Personal Information includes information that does not personally identify you (collectively, “Non-Personal Information”). We may collect the following types of Non-Personal Information from you depending upon how you interact with us or use or interact with our Website, Services, or Features:
o Internet Protocol (“IP”) address;
o Media access control (MAC) address;
o Location and GIS mapping data; or
o Other technical information such as web browser type, computer model, device ID, etc.
Some information that is considered Non-Personal Information in the United States may be considered Personal Information in the European Union (“EU”) and other jurisdictions. For persons located in the EU, please see BioFilm’s EU Privacy Notice, available.
Personal Information We Collect from You
We collect Personal Information from you when:
· You engage in a transaction with BioFilm, including when you purchase one of BioFilm’s products, request a sample, or sign-up for a newsletter; and
· When your information, including Personal Information, is available from public sources, social media platforms, vendors, and other third parties that may share information as permitted in their privacy policies.
Providing us with Personal Information is completely voluntary, and you can always choose not to provide certain Personal Information when you interact with or use the Website, Services, or Features. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Information in certain instances, you may not have full accessibility to the Website, Features, or Services.
Personal Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also collect Personal Information about you from other sources or from our offline interactions with you to, among other things, enable us to verify and update information contained in our records and to better customize the Website, Services, or Features for your experience.
Non-Personal Information We Collect Using Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
What are Cookies and Similar Technologies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store via your browser on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device.
There are three main types of cookies:
· Session cookies: specific to a particular visit and limited to sending session identifiers (random numbers generated by the server) so you don’t have to re-enter information when you navigate to a new page or check out. Session cookies are not permanently stored on your device and are deleted when the browser closes.
· Persistent cookies: record information about your preferences are stored in your browser cache or mobile device; and
· Third party cookies: placed by someone other than us which may gather data across multiple websites or sessions.
What Cookies Do We Use?
· Strictly necessary: These cookies are essential for you to browse our Website and use its features. The information collected relates to the operation of the Website (e.g., website scripting language and security tokens) and enables us to provide you with the service you have requested.
· Functionality: These cookies remember the choices you have made, for example the country you visit our Website from, your language and any changes you have made to text size and other parts of the web pages that you can customize to improve your user experience and to make your visits more tailored and enjoyable.
· Performance / analytics: These cookies collect information on how users use our Website. For example, these cookies relate to which pages you visit most often, whether you receive any error messages and how you arrived at our Website. Information collected by these cookies is used only to improve your use of our Website. These cookies are sometimes placed by third party providers of web traffic and analysis services. For example, we use Google Analytics.
· Targeting or advertising: These cookies collect information about your browsing habits and inferred interests to make advertising more relevant to you. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. These cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the other websites you visit and this information is shared with third party organizations, for example advertisers.
How We Use Your Personal and Non-Personal Information
We may also use information about our users, including Personal Information, for internal purposes. For example:
· Combining information: If you provide Personal Information to us, we may combine such information with other actively collected information unless we specify otherwise at the point of collection. We will take reasonable measures to prevent Personal Information from being combined with passively collected information.
· Third parties: BioFilm may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on its behalf, which may include the use of your Personal and Non-Personal Information. Examples include, without limitation, hosting the Website, sending communications on our behalf, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, creating, hosting and/or running contests/sweepstakes/games, and/or providing customer service. These third parties may have access to the Website’s user information, including Personal Information, but only to the extent it is needed to perform their duties and functions.
· Government requests / compliance: BioFilm may disclose information about its users, including Personal Information, when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, or to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Website and applicable laws. BioFilm may also disclose such user information whenever we believe disclosure is necessary to limit our legal liability or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with our rights or property or the rights or property of anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
· Mergers and acquisitions: BioFilm may disclose user information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all its assets, or other fundamental corporate change.
· Usage data: When you visit the Website, our web servers automatically collect usage information. Website usage information is anonymous, aggregate information that describes how our visitors use and navigate our Website and includes the number and frequency of visitors to each web page and the length of their stays. We also collect the anonymous information automatically sent to us by your web browser, such as browser type, referrer data that identifies the web page visited prior and subsequent to visiting our Website, and IP addresses. We also may determine the technology available through your browser in order to serve you the most appropriate version of a web page.
· IP addresses: An IP Address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet and is generally considered to be Non-Personal Information, because in most cases an IP address is dynamic (changing each time you connect to the Internet), rather than static (unique to a particular user’s computer). We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to our site, and administer and improve the site. Note, IP addresses may be considered Personal Information in other jurisdictions, including the EU. For persons located in the EU, please see BioFilm’s EU Privacy Notice, available .
BioFilm Does Not Knowingly Collect Information from Children Under Eighteen (18) Years Of Age.
BioFilm does not direct its Website, Features, or Services to individuals under the age of eighteen (18). BioFilm does not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under eighteen (18) years of age. If you are under eighteen (18) years of age, do not send any information about yourself to BioFilm or request a product sample. If BioFilm discovers that a child under the age of eighteen (18) has provided BioFilm with Personal Information, BioFilm will delete that child’s Personal Information from its system.
BioFilm encourages parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to supervise their children’s activities on the World Wide Web. BioFilm suggests that parents consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that may help ensure a child friendly online environment and help direct their children to suitable, child-oriented web sites.
It is possible for you to use much of our Website, Services, or Features without giving us any Personal Information. When you sign up for a sample, or request a newsletter, you will have an opportunity at the time we collect your information – to limit e-mail communications from BioFilm and from our third-party partners. You can request at any time that BioFilm not send future e-mail to you either by unsubscribing from the communication or by contacting us at . It may take us up to fourteen (14) business days to process your changes, but we will do so as quickly as we can.
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information as you transmit your information from your computer to our Website or through use or access to our Services or Features, and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from our Website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Moreover, where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this site, it is your responsibility to safeguard them. Also, remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you finish surfing the Web, so that other people using the same computer won’t have access to your information.
Access and Correction
BioFilm depends on its users of the Websites, Services, or Features to update and correct their Personal Information. To review or change your Personal Information collected by BioFilm, please send your request toor to:
Attn: Customer Service
3225 Executive Ridge
Vista, CA 92081
If you want to unsubscribe from an e-mail list of BioFilm, please let us know by following the “Unsubscribe” instructions that are included in each promotional email from BioFilm. Please note that such requests may take up to ten (10) business days to become effective. You may not opt out of receiving communications regarding your purchases, transactions, dealings with the Websites, or technical information about the Websites, Services, or Features.
To keep your Personal Information accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take all reasonable steps to update or correct your Personal Information in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Website, or through your use or access of the Services or Features.
Notice of Privacy Rights Of Persons Within The European Union
Consent To Transfer
The Website is operated in the United States. If you are located in the EU or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Website, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Rules and Guidelines for Official Astroglide Social Media Contests
The following rules apply to all contests run officially by the Astroglide brand through social media channels. Astroglide is not responsible for and does not officially endorse the rules or regulations set forth by outside parties.
All Astroglide contests are open only to residents of the Continental United States over the age of 18. No purchase is necessary and purchases of any kind will not increase your odds of winning.
Contests hosted on Facebook, Twitter or other social media sites are not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with those sites.
Contest entrants agree to release personal information such as name and address if chosen as a winner. This information will not be released to outside parties.
Any content including but not limited to testimonials, photos and videos submitted by contest entrants can be used by Astroglide both internally and for future branding or marketing efforts.
Winners are chosen at the sole discretion of Astroglide and winners may be chosen based on different factors for different contests.
If you have questions about current or past contests please contact us.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail toor to:
Attn: Customer Service
3225 Executive Ridge
Vista, CA 92081